Nomination Process for JBA
Who can nominate:
- guidance counselors
- school principals
- gifted education teachers
Who can be nominated:
- Students who will complete the 7th, 8th or 9th grade at the conclusion of the 2022-2023 academic year, and
- Are high achievers as indicated by GPA, IQ, enrollment in gifted courses, high standardized test scores, or equivalent measurement, qualify for nomination, and
- Are recommended by their guidance counselor, school principal or gifted educator.
Nomination information is emailed to school counselors during the month of September.
If your school is not on our email list, we would be glad to send them a packet and add them to our list.
Nominators: Please note to that your students standardized test scores should have scored at the 95th percentile or above in at least one area on a recognized and normed standardized achievement examination, such as the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, Texas Assessment of Academic Skills, Stanford Achievement Test, CTBS, and MAP. Since some states use different tests than these and other states no longer use standardized national exams, we will make accommodations to fit personal circumstances.
Students who attended JBA last summer will be automatically nominated for the 2023 Joseph Baldwin Academy. You do not need to nominate them again.
- Have completed the 7th, 8th or 9th grade at the conclusion of the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Are high achievers as indicated by GPA, IQ, enrollment in gifted courses, high standardized test scores, or equivalent measurement
- Compete the application materials completely
- Have a letter of recommendation in addition to the nomination by an educator.
Home School Students:
Home school students may be nominated by a parent. Parents will need to supply a GPA, IQ, high standardized test scores, or equivalent measurement, and provide a copy of the student’s curriculum plan from the last two years. The Dean will handle such students on a case-by-case basis. School Counselors are encouraged to alert home school students in their area about this opportunity.
How to Submit Your Nominations
To submit an individual nomination, you can use our online form.
Please contact JBA at (660) 785-5384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Joseph Baldwin Academy Nomination information via email or for any questions regarding the standardized test scores.